NDVS/SB Responds to COVID-19 with Reinvented Services
Whether you’re a student, a family member of a student, or, a partner in service, know that the dedicated staff of North Dakota Vision Services/School for the Blind continues to work on your behalf. Many of our staff are working from home, but our core services continue without interruption. In fact, we have been working hard to connect with those we serve and new in exciting ways. We will continue in our mission by providing individualized services and resources to infants, children, and adults with visual impairment to empower them in achieving their goals. In the meantime, we are gladly reaching out and responding to the needs of North Dakotans.
- Consulting with our public-school partners
- Collaborating with parents by phone calls, texts and video conferencing
- Providing materials and equipment to support education
- Attending IEP meetings via videoconferencing
- Providing video lessons with students of all ages
- Calling and checking on adult clients by providing a good listening ear and a supporting word
- Conducting a weekly group “coffee chat” over the phone with adults in collaboration with the ND Association of the Blind
- Our non-profit NDVS/SB Store is sending essential aids and appliances through the mail as usual
Please call our main number to inquire about services and request assistance. We will help you find what you are searching for!
-- Paul Olson -- Superintendent
North Dakota Vision Services/School for the Blind (NDVS/SB) provides statewide leadership, center based programming, and regionalized outreach services ensuring that the specialized needs of persons of all ages who are blind or visually impaired are met. NDVS/SB is a division of the Department of Public Instruction, Kirsten Baesler, State Superintendent, and is located in Grand Forks, with regional offices in Fargo, Jamestown, Minot and Bismarck.
NDVS/SB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services.
NDVS/SB provides individualized services and resources to infants, children and adults with visual impairment to empower them in achieving their goals.